In today’s fast paced, always-on world, mental and physical stress leads to a tired body and so, our body and mind needs relaxation at least on weekends. A massage can take away the pain, stress and tension from the body. The massage not only relaxes you but it also makes your skin look better. There are various other ways to relax and de-stress your body. You can sleep for more hours when you are tense, you can meditate, you can take a hot shower but nothing is as relaxing as a good full body massage.
Reasons why you should take it
Let me start by explaining to you some of the benefits of massage that you really need to know and understand.
- Stimulates your nervous system: When you relax, your nervous system enters a rest mode. When your nervous system relaxes, it means that the production of hormones will balance out. Production of ‘feel good’ hormones like endorphins and oxytocin increases as ‘stress hormones’ such as cortisol and vasopressin decreases. Massage also helps to regulate the vital functions of the autonomic nervous system.
- Eliminates Muscular Pain: Massage relaxes muscle tissue, which reduces muscle pain and contractions. It increases oxygen and blood flow in your muscles and may decrease build-up lactic acid which is the reason behind the muscle soreness. Massage can be used to stretch out and elongate muscles. It also prevents muscle tightness and reduces the risk of injury.
- Increases flexibility: Massage increases flexibility through deep tissue massage by the relief of muscle tightness and tension. The most common causes of decreased flexibility include muscle tightness and inflammation. Reduction in flexibility can result in a restriction of movement and an increase in pain.
- Improves Posture: Massage can calm and loosen the sore muscles by bad posture, allowing the body to position itself in its natural posture. With massage, the muscles are relaxed and loosened and pressure points are relieved.
- Reduces headaches: The massage can relieve tension in the muscles of the neck and head which helps to prevent headaches by relaxing the muscles that can cause them. When your muscles ease, the pressure on the blood vessels and nerves starts to lessen.
- Improve Immune system: Getting regular massage helps to boost our immune system and flush toxins, increasing blood flow and lymphatic flow which helps nutrients to flow through the body. It also increases the activity of white blood cells that help our body to fight against diseases.
- Improve mental health and wellness: Massage therapy provides a relaxation response which lowers the heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate, boosts the immune system and decreases stress. Massage helps to lessen the levels of anxiety and depression, increases dopamine and serotonin and decreases norepinephrine.
- Improves sleep: If you’re facing trouble sleeping or suffering from insomnia, a good massage can help you get your sleep back into balance and has the effect of eliminating insomnia. The secretion of serotonin increases the production of hormone (melatonin) that regulates sleep which in effect leads to better sleep quality.
- Improves digestion: Massaging can help prevent peristalsis by restoring the motion of the intestine, and its contents, to move along more quickly. Also, massage increases the release of enzymes and helps the body rid itself of toxins, both of which are important for healthy digestion.
- Keeps skin rejuvenating: A full body massage removes dead cells over the entire body making your skin look better. The blood flow benefits the health of the skin. Massage can also help to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks by encouraging tissue regeneration.
Some popular therapies which are really beneficial and helps to calm the body.
- Stress Relief swedish Massage.
- Holistic De-stress therapy
- Deep tissue therapy
- Abhyangam De-stresss therapy.
- Vedic Signature Pain relief.
- Potli Pinda Sveda massage.
- Back relief kadi Vasti.
- Meditative Abhyanga therapy.
- Gentle vast therapy.
So, take time for yourself and get a good massage. You’ll likely feel relaxed and back in balance.
“Massage is the only form of physical pleasure to which nature forgot to attach consequences.”
― Robert Breault