Sometimes we are more focused on work and on our life goals that we just forget to live our life. By living, I mean doing what makes us happy, relaxes and refreshes our soul. There are days when you feel stressed and lifeless. You are unable to find happiness as nothing goes as you expected.
So, think about what should be your priority on such days. If you ask me, it’s always important to set aside a bit of time to refresh and soothe your soul to feel good and get back to work with a lot of energy.
Here are some ways that can help you to incorporate exercise and meditation into your everyday life to help you refresh your soul:
- Go for a walk in the morning: Going out for a walk is the best way to start your day. Even just 15 minutes can bring you positivity and build your energy levels. As the saying goes “ An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day”
- Practice Meditation: Meditation helps you to keep calm, clear your thoughts and soothes your soul. It is considered to be a powerful medicine against depression, anxiety and panic. Meditation can produce a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil soul. Just 15 minutes of meditation everyday can make you feel much more motivated and relaxed than before. If you are just starting, take small steps. Try to sit quietly with some calming music, focus on your breathing and get rid of any thoughts. Meditation can be a great start to a new day.
- Indulge in any activity that you’re curious about: Is there any activity in town that you’ve been wanting to check out but didn’t get the time from your cluttered and busy days? How about you start now? How about kayaking or rock climbing or horse riding? Whatever that excites you can be a great approach towards a better version of you. Give it a try. You ‘ll be amazed to see the difference in your mood and attitude.
- Incorporate exercising in your daily routine: Who says exercising has to be long, painful and dreadful. Don’t think of exercise as work. Find an activity that will get your heart pumping and add fun into your daily life at the same time. Choose the right kind of activity for you that involves your interest whether it’s dancing or an active tennis match and make it a part of your daily routine.
- Listen to Calming music: When we feel depressed or stressed out we tend to avoid listening to music .We find it annoying. But we are wrong here. Music can have an intense effect on both our emotions and our soul. A quiet classical music can calm your mind and soothe your soul by de-stressing us and slowing down the heart rate and breathing and controlling high blood pressure.
- Take a nap: Napping can be relaxing, can uplift your mood and improve your energy levels. Studies show that napping increases the ability to learn, improves understanding, boosts creativity, enhances mood, reduces stress and anxiety, reduces fatigue. According to the National Sleep Foundation, naps between 10-20 minutes are efficient enough to refresh your body, mind and soul which in turn increases your concentration and alertness. Napping time shouldn’t be longer than 20 minutes otherwise you’ll wake up grumpy.
- Nourish your creativity: In the chatter of our busy lives we’ve actually forgotten how much we used to love being creative. Our curiosity and imagination so obvious often fades away with the passage of time. Can’t we take some time out from your busy schedule and revive those beautiful childhood memories. Just a little creativity can calm and refresh your soul. It is something that brings us joy and happiness. It doesn’t mean you have to be a sculptor or a painter. You can do whatever you love doing as a child: draw, dance, write, sing, cook, paint. whatever!. Nurture and nourish your soul through art.
Incorporate any of the above in your life and see the difference in you and your life.
“Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.”
– William Shakespeare