Are you Satisfied with your life? The answer to this question would be ‘No’ for many of us. Do you wonder how to cross the line of dissatisfaction and discontent in your daily life? Many of us think that it would take a lot of effort or that it is impossible to achieve. When we feel thirsty, we get to drink something. When we feel hungry, we get to eat something. This is to satisfy our physical needs but what do we really do to satisfy our soul? True soul-satisfaction can only come from inside you. Here are some tips that you can incorporate into your daily life that would bring a huge impact on your well-being and satisfaction level.
- Make time each day for meditation and yoga, even if it is just 30 minutes. These not only work on your body but also relaxes your mind and soul by reducing stress. Their combined efforts help keep your mind and soul healthy and happy.
- Make sure that you get enough sleep every night. Sleep is what helps to replenish your body, rejuvenate your mind and calm your soul. Research shows that people who sleep 7-8 hours each night are more satisfied with their life than those who have a disturbed sleep.
- Take some time off from technology every day. When you start your morning routine make sure you keep your phone away from you. Give yourself some time to look around and just sit in the silence away from all the chaos. Put the technology away when you are eating and before bedtime. Rather use that time to be engaged with those around you . You’ll be amazed to see the difference it will bring to your day to day life.
- Make some time each day for a good book, the one you enjoy reading. Reading makes you open-minded and creative, it allows you to take yourself to the time and place you are reading about. It gives you the pleasure of escaping reality which is something many of us love the most and yet we always fail to make the time for it.
- Learn to laugh and find joy in the simple things in your life. When was the last time you laughed hard, laughed until your belly hurts? Nothing works faster to bring your mind and soul back into balance than a good laugh. Laughter can improve your health, strengthen your relationships, bring you happiness and satisfy your soul.
Don’t let the bad days sink you in. Be grateful for what you have. These five steps will help you get that happy, healthy and satisfied life.
The happiness of one’s own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one’s own happiness, the happiness of others.
– Paramahansa Yogananda