Have you ever felt lost in your life like you don’t have any purpose in life? A common question that comes to our mind when we want to start or deepen our spiritual journey is ‘How do I start’? First let’s understand what a spiritual journey is?
A spiritual journey is an inner quest that a person goes on to form a deeper connection with the soul and find different aspects of life which includes personal growth, learning about themselves and finding inner peace. The path of spiritual journey makes you capable of creating deep meaningful and fulfilling lives. As you go forward into your spiritual journey, you learn new things, meet new people and adopt new habits and behaviors. In simple words, it makes you a better person.
Now, let’s dive in and get started with the ways to activate the spiritual journey practice in your life.
- Be true to yourself: When you are being true to yourself, you are completely honest with your feelings, emotions, weaknesses, values and desires. It also means communicating your feelings and emotions wholeheartedly with yourself, allowing the truth to flow through you. If you are not being true to yourself, you may experience tension, unease, dissatisfaction, disconnection and emptiness. Establishing a strong connection with yourself is the key to the spiritual journey.
- Have a check on your beliefs: Be aware and conscious of everything that you believe in and ask yourself if it is really true. Do away with those not supporting your spiritual growth. You will begin to see things with a different perspective when you are able to question your beliefs which is an important milestone when you are on the spiritual journey.
- Add spiritual practices (meditation, prayer, yoga) to your day: One of the best ways of starting a spiritual journey is to learn different spiritual practices. Make time for your spiritual practice even if it’s just 10-15 minutes everyday. Do whatever helps you connect with your inner self. You can choose from these:
- Performing yoga postures for several minutes.
- Meditation for 10-15 minutes.
- Write down things you are grateful for.
- Pray to connect with the divine.
- Read a few pages from any sacred book that feels nourishing to your soul.
Whatever practice you choose, try to be consistent with that.
4. Practice kindness: Kindness is an important step in achieving a deeper spiritual existence. When you practice kindness and compassion, you are at peace and see everything as a part of God. Remember that to be kind to others, first you must begin by being kind to yourself.
5. Reconnect with nature: Nature is the best way to see yourself as a part of this universe. When you are out in nature, there is an immediate sense of relief and happiness. Nature is the place where you can go to find clarity, peace and calm. Taking the time to connect with the place is an important thing that you can do for your spiritual journey.
6. Declutter your mind: Clear your mind from jealousy, anger, ego, rage and a whole lot of negative feelings for the success in your spiritual journey.
Our spiritual journey is a deep connection between the ego, the soul and the spirit.
I hope this article gives you a way to start!
Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time
– Lyndon B.